Friday follow-up #14

Can't believe it's already Friday- this week has flown by!! Here is the scoop on the Donaldson household:)
  • Our close friends Chris and Kacie went in for their 5 month old's open heart surgery on Monday. I can't imagine having my baby cut open! They have been open, vulnerable and prayerful through this process. Baby Schafer is doing well and they are hoping to move him out of ICU today. Please say some prayers for him and his family! He was born with a birth defect and should not require another surgery until he's a teenager. If you want to send some encouragement their way, here is their caring bridge site.
  • Ethan had strep throat and Merrick and I have some sort of coughing junk going on. Today is one of those days I wish I could just cuddle up and go to sleep because it's cloudy outside but we have a ton to do.
  • Merrick is attending his first Chess tournament tomorrow at OU. He just started playing but he's excited just to go and be a part of it all. We have to leave early in the morning but I can't wait to share the day with my son:)
  • Tonight is Bunco night- I LOVE this night because I get to catch up with all my girlfriends.
  • If you are not on Twitter, you should be! This has become my favorite social networking tool! If you sign up, follow me at @mrscdonaldson and Brandon at @brandonaldson
  • Brandon's turning 35 next week! I can't believe it. I think we are officially "grown up's" now!
  • We are fasting all soda and sweets for 40 days. We are now at day 7. It's been tough actually so far, but I'm excited that we are doing it together and I know we will make it:)
What's been going on with you? What are you up to? What are your Thanksgiving plans?