Clueless

(photo courtesy of Board Game Geek)

We had some much needed family time tonight. One thing we love to do is play games. Since, Brandon and I are tired of playing the same games every time, we mentioned some different games to try. The choices ended up being "Risk" and "Clue". I was crossing my fingers for "Clue" so I'm glad it won out!

At first, we weren't sure if it was going to work or not. We were trying to explain how to play and Ethan just looked at us like we were crazy. I even went so far as to explain "strategy" to Ethan (and yes, John McCain, I know what strategy means!... ha ha)

So, we started playing. And we played some more. And we checked the time and realized it had been a LONG time and we still weren't finished. Brandon and I were getting it figured out. I just needed to narrow down the room where the crime happened.

The boys would say things like "Now, knife is the one spelled with a K, right?" and then the other would say " Hmm- which card should I show you because I have more than one". They also kept wanting to pick up their cards and in the process the people next to them would see at least one. I don't think they understood the concept of "Secret".

When all was said and done- I ended up getting it right BUT we realized later that I wasn't even in the "room" I was supposed to be in. (so, I'm sort of disqualified). We also realized, our 6-yr had the weapon and person figured out just like I did so technically he would have won!! They were actually both really good even though they gave the impression they were clueless. Hmm- maybe that was all part of their plan??

It was a fun night and I'm so glad that we can laugh and have so much fun playing a simple (or not so simple) board game!

What's your favorite board game??