Ramblings of an Internet Pastor's wife......


Roll back about 3 years....we are living in California, really praying about moving back to Oklahoma, but unsure what that would mean. Brandon talks with Lifechurch.tv (he used to be the youth worship leader). They mention an "Internet campus". We are totally unsure of what that means. An internet campus? Hmmm, what's that?

We move back to the sooner state about 6 months later and the Internet campus begins in the planning stage (Sept 2005). Then, 6 months later, they start running test drives in March. Then, in the summer of 2006, the IC is launched!

At first it was all new and exciting. Then there were tech issues and ways to try and figure out how to make "community" online. And there were critics...there still are critics actually. It was lonely! (still is at times). It was fun being on the ground floor but there still was a part of me that felt it would get old eventually. I miss going to church with my husband! I miss hugging people in the lobby.

Flash forward to Sunday, March 30th, 2008. I get to volunteer on the IC on Sunday mornings. In the 11:30am experience, I met a wonderful woman from Malaysia, a man from India, a lady from Ghana, a man from Turkey, a man from Egypt and a teenager from the Philippines (the same area of the Philippines where Brandon and I went to 15 years ago on a mission trip!). The conversations were inspiring, intriguing, and insightful.

I keep pinching myself wondering when or if I will get tired of it. It hasn't happened yet and I don't see it happening anytime soon. It's so exciting to be in the center of God's will. To KNOW that He had things planned for me, for us, is beyond understanding. He has a plan for ALL of us! 3 years ago, we never would have imagined what this "Internet campus" entailed. That's probably a good thing because we had a much smaller picture! I'm loving the spot we are in. We have ups and downs and highs and lows, but overall, it's completely humbling to see God at work all around. I don't want to sound like we have it all figured out or that we have "arrived". Just trying to express our gratitude that God cares for each of us individually.

Don't give up if there is something new you are feeling led to lead! You are probably going right where you need to be. You will look back in a few years and see what he planned for you and that it was good! Do you feel like you are right where you need to be? Getting there? Are you loving this season of life?