Friday follow-up #8

Can't believe another week has gone by. Here is a full update on our lives....
  • First of all, I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who has sent encouragement our way. It really means a LOT to us! I've had sort of an emotional week and realize that I still have some emotional stuff to work through. It helps to know people are praying for us and loving on us. THANK YOU for being there through this blog, through e-mails, etc. If you are not sure what I'm talking about, read all about it here.
  • The boys are doing great in school. Merrick is going to start attending the "Chess Academy" this next week to learn how to play chess. Their school goes to Nationals every year! Ethan thinks school is cool (and I hope it stays that way!). He LOVES having homework (since it's all new to him) and he just realized this week that he knows how to read. It's fun watching his eyes light up when he talks about all the things he's learning.
  • We went to Arkansas to see family this past weekend. What a great time we had! Brandon got to fish as much as he wanted (and we had 2 fish fry's). I got to scrapbook and completed 30 pages! It was the perfect get-away and we can't wait to go back!We took our dog and he had a blast running around in the country! He was a great traveler too :)
  • I joined a new bible study this week and left feeling so excited about this semester. I didn't know 2 of the ladies, a few of the ladies I know a bit about but don't know personally, and then 2 others I know extremely well. It was a great mix of women and I'm so thankful God blessed me with this new chapter and some new girlfriends!
  • Brandon's new co-worker started this week so he's been busy hanging out with him and getting to know him. They are getting along great and Brandon is so glad he's a part of the team! Welcome to Lifechurch.tv, Tony! I can't wait to hang out with Mandy and the kids :)
What's going on in your lives? Did I just share too much information from ours? :) Did you enjoy Labor day? What are your thoughts about the 2 political conventions that just ended?

As always, THANK YOU for reading and following this blog!